Oh, no! You are watching your diet and you have been asked to join some friends out for dinner.
How will you maintain the healthy course of action you have already started? Here are a few tips that will help you in a pinch:
- Beverage options – water, fat-free or low-fat milk, unsweetened tea, or other drinks that do not contain sugar.
- If you order a sandwich, order it with whole wheat bread or no bread at all. Wrap it in a lettuce leaf.
- Start your meal with a side salad, salad dressing on the side, to help control your hunger. This will make your feel fuller faster and more satisfied.
- Choose main dishes that include lots of vegetables, such as stir-fry or kebobs.
- Order grilled, steamed, or broiled dishes over sautéed or fried menu items.
- Choose small or medium portions on all main dishes, side dishes, and beverages.
- Order from the menu instead of choosing the all you can eat buffet. That is too much temptation.
- If the main dishes are too larger , try one of these strategies to keep from overeating:
- Share a main dish with someone at your table.
- Order an appetizer-sized portion or a side dish instead of an entrée.
- Take leftovers home, if you have the willpower not to eat them that evening when you get home.
- When your food is delivered to the table, set side half of your meal at the start and put it in a container to bring home with you. That way you do not have to see it on your plate.
- Do not follow your mom’s rule of “clean your plate”. When you have had enough, it is enough.
- Make sure you are moderating the calories, fats, and sugars in your meals. Here are some guidelines:
- Order foods that do not have creamy sauces or gravies.
- Always order a low-calorie salad dressing on the side.
- Add little or no butter to your food.
- If dessert will be order, stay with fruit.
2650 Lake Sahara Dr. Ste. 100
Las Vegas, NV 89117